Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Words of advice

   After I share my story with people, one of the first questions I get is "How do you do it, how do you mentally deal with it all?".  The truth is, I couldn't tell you exactly how I do it.  I can however tell you that I don't focus on it, I focus on what I need to do that day.  One day at a time.  I've always been the kind of gal that looks at the glass half full.  And that's how I look at my life, sure there are things I would love to change (like having to live in the blistering cold of Minnesota) but I've always made the best of my life.  We're all dealt a certain hand in life, you could fold and hang your head low or you can bluff with a big grin on your face.  It's all about your outlook and your attitude.  My best advice I would have for those of you that are struggling dealing with the constant pain would be, remember life IS worth living.  I know it's a hard thing to do, but find a way to bring joy and laughter into your life.  Whether it's watching family guy, the dudesons or just plan old makin jokes.  And NEVER forget you're not alone.  (I'm always here for you!).  Trust me, I know it's tough to keep a positive attitude and outlook but that is going to be the only way to make it.  Yes, you can make it, and if you fall, someone will be there to catch you.  Keep your head up, it can only go up from here.       

4 comments:

Ashley Eliason said...

I love and miss Liz :) I will definitely share this with my friends.

Unknown said...

Thank you ashley!

Migraine Chick said...

great post. I totally agree with the one day at a time and living in the moment!

Unknown said...

Thank you "Migraine Chick" and thank you for taking the time to check out my blog!